NEVADA COUNTY YOUTH PREMIUM SALE BY-LAWS EFFECTIVE MAY 19, 2017
1. All animals must be entered in the name of the owner and owned by July 7th, 2019. Ownership deadline is July 7th. Animal ownership
must be verified by the County Extension Agent and/or Agriculture Teacher.
2. All sale participants must be either a 4-H or FFA member.
3. The Premium Sale Buyers will receive a letter in August with a list of participants that have met all of the above-mentioned requirements,
for the upcoming Youth Premium Sale. This notification will afford the buyers time to plan and allocate where they wish to spend their money prior to Premium Sale Day.
4. The sale order will be Grand Champions, Reserve Champions and the Show judge will pick the remaining order of the sale based upon his
evaluation of all animals.
5. All Livestock Show Rules apply to Nevada County Fair Premium Sale.
6. This show and sale is open to exhibitors in the PeeWee and Junior Divisions only. Ages 5 to 19.
7. Any livestock exhibitor who intends to go through the Premium Sale must be pre-registered on an official entry form filled out in its entirety
and post marked no later than July 7th to Nevada County Premium Sale, PO Box 307, Prescott, AR 71857.
8. Nevada County Fair Association and Nevada County Youth Premium Sale Committee shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage to
said property or the owners thereof.
9. All animals entered into the Premium Sale are to be shown by the youth exhibiting them unless unavoidable circumstances forbid their
presence, in which case, the animals may be shown by another youth with prior approval of the Premium Sale Committee.
10. Livestock Buyers dinner will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 13th and the Livestock Premium Sale will follow
beginning at 6:30 p.m.
11. Only one animal per exhibitor will be permitted in sale.
12. Animals shown in any other county fair shall not be eligible to show in Nevada County Fair’s Livestock Show and Premium Sale.
13. DO NOT decorate (ribbons, glitter, paint, etc.) your animal for the sale. The animals should look like they did in the show.
14. DO NOT make any presentation (gifts, baskets, money, certificates, etc.) to the buyers on the fair grounds. Those should be done after the
fair ends. This includes any family members or acquaintances of the exhibitor.
15. All Premium Sale checks will be mailed 60 days after the fair, any buyers that have not paid by that time will not be included in your first
check. An additional check will be mailed at a later date for the buyers that did not pay in the 60 days. An exhibitor that this affects will be mailed a check at that time. Included will be 2 (two) copies of photograph with buyer.
16. Each exhibitor will have a 3% deduction from total monies received to cover expenditures incurred for the premium sale (meat for meal,
banner and decorations, photography expenses, postage, etc.).
17. All exhibitors are required to deliver a photo to the buyer. A photo will be provided to each exhibitor by the Premium Sale Committee along
18. Failure to comply with these rules may result in forfeit of sale proceeds for the exhibitor or ex- emption from future sales.
This activity is open to all youth between the ages of 5 and 19 without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender or disability. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (large print, audiotapes, etc.) should notify the Nevada County Extension Office as soon as possible prior to the activity.